This is a recreation of the throne room scene from the Marco Polo series on Netflix. This was one of the entries in the Throne Room challenge on Polycount.com. I worked on this scene in tandem with Jon Sells www.artstation.com/artist/jonsells.
The fur pelt materials were done using tessellation. Most of the props were textured using Substance Painter. The floor tiles were textured by Jon Sells using Substance Designer. We added a rug down the middle and some banners hanging from the ceiling and we took some creative liberties with the back wall. The mural above the throne depicts mongolian warriors on horses. God rays and smoke effects near the ceiling were added for atmosphere. Also, we added cauldrons on the floor to bring a little more light into the room.